Thursday, March 17, 2011

MEMORY VERSE: Psalm 26:1-7 WHAT A PERSONAL REVELATION!!!

Psalm 26:1-7 KJV

Judge me, O Lord; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the Lord; therefore I shall not slide. Examine me, O Lord, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. For thy lovingkindness is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth. I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissemblers. I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked. I will wash mine hands in innocency: so will I compass thine altar, O Lord: That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.

WOW! I have to say this verse does not represent ME very well. The past few years have been difficult and I have NOT "walked in my integrity" and "I shall not slide" has definitely NOT been a phrase I would use for myself. Had I perished in the past few years, I would have been sorely AFRAID to say "Examined me, O Lord, and prove me". I CAN TELL YOU IT IS A VERY SCARY PLACE TO BE! When you have had a very close, personal relationship with the Lord and then to find yourself in such a cold, desolate place and realize that you are very far away from God. I thank God for His tender mmercies toward His chosen people and for giving me the desire to read through the Bible one more time! I can say I am seeing it all from a very new perspective. I've never been in THIS AWFUL place spiritually since coming to know the Lord many years ago. I am ever thankful for the blessing of the story of Job. I feel myself relating to him a lot lately.

No comments:

A Pretty Little Princess, A Handsome Prince, and The Old Lady in the Middle

A Pretty Little Princess, A Handsome Prince, and The Old Lady in the Middle
Nana Mama and the Grandbabies